Friday, June 1, 2007

Slippers

We found out we have a new yarn shop opening in June and
I am very excited, we don't currently have a nice yarn store here.
I finished slippers for my step mom...picture will be coming soon.
Of course, someone else knitted them for me, amazing how many
folks I can get to enable my- "non knitter but still manages to make
stuff" habit! I have wonderful friends and stepmom. I put them together
and felted them, kinda hard when you are making slippers
that are two sizes smaller than you wear, so I borrowed
a foot tracing from one of my nurse buddies and it worked
out just fine. I just keep felting till they fit the tracing, then
I applied some spray rubber on the soles to make them
non-slip, it worked wonderfully...will keep you posted on
whether she likes them or not.

2 comments:

talyger said...

Hey, I actually know about felting! I carpool with a lady who felts. She had to explain it to me. I still haven't seen an example. Can't wait to see your pictures. P.S. it gets REAL Cold in CA....I could use some slippers........:-)

talyger said...

Ok...so I didn't scroll down far enough to see the picture. I think I would like my in legend lime green to match my mustang. You can give them to me for my birthday in New York!!! Boy, I'm pretty demanding aren't I?